Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The two loves of my life!



Today marks me and Steve's 8th wedding anniversary! I am so blessed to have this man in my life. Steve and I often talk about how we got together and wonder how life would be different had Aaron not drowned. If Aaron had never dated me, I would never have dated or married Stephen! Many of you may not know this, but Steve has told me that if his best friend hadn't dated me first, he wouldn't have dated me. He was too afraid of the responsibility of dating a woman with a child. When I met Aaron and Stephen, Ryan was just 6 months old. Had Aaron lived, he would have been able to propose to me that summer of 1997, and at this time, he and I likely would have been married instead and celebrating 11 years of marriage this coming summer! But, the Lord had other plans for us and he did an amazing work in Steve's heart. Had Aaron not died, I never would have married Stephen, nor would there be a Jorie or Joshua! And I will never be able to describe the love Ryan has for his daddy either. It is really incredible! The Lord is so amazing! Sometimes, it is hard to believe how we started out and how much things have changed! But, it has all been worth it to spend my life with this amazing guy! I love you Steve!! With all my heart!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary Lora and Steve! I love that wedding picture. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary from us too! That was an amazingly candid post, given everything that's happened to you. I love that you posted both photos, and that you have had each other to love the way things turned out. You guys are great together!
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete