



Yesterday was Josh's 4th birthday!! But, today was the party. We celebrated it with family. We had 2 grandpa's, 1 great grandpa, 2 grandma's and one great aunt come!!! Not to mention Ryan's friend, James. Such a fun day!! I really feel that 4 is definitely the end of baby-ness. I mean 3, you can still sort of get away with calling them baby. But, once they turn 4, they are a little boy/girl. :( Makes me sad at how fast my babies are growing up! We have been so incredibly blessed to have Josh in our lives. We often talk about the fact that if we hadn't lost baby #3, Josh may never have even been born. My third pregnancy was one of the hardest for me. The nausea hit really early and I was immediately in bed for 5 weeks. Some of that time on IV's to keep me hydrated. After we lost that baby, it took alot of faith for me to go through that again. Not only because of the fear of another miscarriage. But, for the fear of having to endure such wretched nausea for months and months! That's why we feel Josh is such a miracle. He was the only baby out of all 4 pregnancies that I didn't experience the extreme Hyperemesis with. I probably felt the nausea that most pregnant women feel. Meaning I didn't feel all that great. But, it was NOTHING like the past pregnancies. I always felt that God blessed us for taking that leap of faith to try again.
Josh wanted a rainbow cake for his birthday this year. So funny to me that he requested that. But, a rainbow cake was what he got!! He got a new shopping cart, play food and a cash register so he and Jorie can play store together. Something they love to do together. He also got a Mater truck from the movie "Cars". When you push it, it actually blows bubbles! And several other gifts. He was a happy boy!
That's great that your nausea with him wasn't as bad. We kept hoping that we'd get one where I wouldn't be sick, but we're on #5 and it still happens. I do have to say that the length of the worst part has gotten shorter. I'm still around 60% of what I was energy-wise at the beginning, but that's better than being bedridden. Praising the Lord and looking for ways to enjoy what we think is our last pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteMeleah~ I felt like a different person during Josh's pregnancy. With the others, I could literally lay in bed vomitting every few minutes! After throwing up, there would be little to no relief like you might get after throwing up with a stomach flu. Just awful. But, totally worth it all in the end!! I hope you keep feeling better!!!
ReplyDelete