Monday, January 24, 2011

Drawings




As far back as I can remember; I have enjoyed art. I am tickled pink that Ryan and Jorie seemed to have inherited my love of art as well! And from time to time, we enjoy drawing together. It's one of the few things all three of us can do together! I drew these two drawings back in 2006. The tiger drawing was actually one that I did to help Ryan out with a school project. At that time, he was just 10 years old and needed help. Probably wouldn't need as much help now with how talented he has become! :) But, it was also due to the size of the project. His teachers used to assign him projects to do on large poster board and he was never really able to reach across the board to draw on it. It took a long time to finally convince them to modify his projects so that he was able to do them. Now, that he's in highschool, his teachers are great at modifying his work so he is able to do it his own way and we are grateful! The other drawing is of Jorie. I find drawing people to be extremely difficult though and am much happier with how the tiger turned out! If I can get my scanner to work again; I will post some of the kid's drawings as well.

2 comments:

  1. These are VERY good! I agree with you that people are probably the hardest to sketch. If it's while they're standing there, then there's the distraction of moving and if it's from a picture, it's sometimes hard to get the expressions right. My dad was an awesome artist. I wish we'd learned more from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meleah. Your dad was pretty awesome. Steve always spoke very highly of him!!

    ReplyDelete