




I am so blessed to be my kids' mommy. I know this is not the life I would have imagined or wished for had I been given the choice many years ago. Noone would ever wish for a disease to take their child away from them little by little. But, I have to believe that God has a plan that I may never understand until I get to heaven. I know the plans He has for me are for GOOD! So, despite how hard it is now; I have to constantly remind myself that THIS is not the end. This earthly life is only a stepping stone to spending an eternity in heaven with my savior! And an eternity where my son will no longer be limited by his disease. When we ask Ryan what he looks the most forward to about going to heaven, you know what he says? "Playing football and basketball!" My son will get to play every sport he wants to play without having to be limited to playing them on a video game. My son will stand tall. He will walk and run and do all the things his earthly body kept him from down here! This life is so brief when you think about it! Our eternity is what really matters. And that is the hope I cling to!
You have such a lovely family..I know Ryan will have a blast playing football and basketball:)
ReplyDeleteSheri
Thanks, Sheri. :)
ReplyDelete