Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday mornings

This morning was rough. But, Monday mornings usually are. Out of my three kids, the only child that I can count on to get herself ready and get the things she needs for school, (other than her lunch of course) is Jorie. I still pick out Josh's clothes for the most part and make his lunch, comb his hair, make his breakfast etc. For Ryan, getting him ready for school requires a fair amount of time. He is showered first, then dressed, face washed (sometimes shaved), breakfast made, teeth brushed, coat put on, shoes put on, teeth brushed, cologne sprayed on, gloves put on, hand warmer heated up and hat put on. Then I am finding last minute items needed for school like the correct pen and adjusting his legs the way he wants them as well as adjusting his jacket. Something is usually uncomfortable. Sometimes even requiring that I get him back out of his chair to fix. Also, putting his shoes on requires a HUGE amount of patience for both of us. His feet are turned inward due to his disease, and just putting his shoes on him causes a fair amount of pain and his toes usually curl up underneath his foot. :( To make things a bit tougher, all three kids need to be ready for school at almost the exact same time.

When all three kids were finally out the door this morning, I let out a sigh and enjoyed some quiet time. There are days when it's much more appreciated than others and this morning was one of those days!

No comments:

Post a Comment