Monday, May 17, 2010

Trip to Disneyland







Our family took a trip to Disneyland a couple weeks back. But, I have been so busy and overwhelmed with life that I haven't had a chance to update the blog until now. We always take my parents (or even just my mom) when we go on trips that include Ryan. Just caring for him alone is a 24 hour a day job. We were joking about it before we left when looking at our packed vans that we wouldn't be able to take our entire family for more than a day or two anyway without an extra van! Ryan's equipment alone takes up most of the back of the van and then his chair takes up the front part! This time, we also took a second chair to use while out on the beach. This chair is so large that there would be no way to transport it without taking two vans. One for Ryan's powerchair and one for the beach wheelchair. Sadly, this trip was not what we had expected and had many rough spots. Although we tried our best to make the most of the trip.....we soon realized that Ryan could not go on any of the rides and he didn't really enjoy the experience. Joshua didn't enjoy it much either being out of his normal daily routine and missing his nap time, he was tired and cranky for much of the trip. Jorie, however, LOVED it and I think Steve and I had it right when we took her to DL alone in 2008. I think if we are to return, it will be with just Jorie or we will wait until Joshua is a bit older.

When we were out at the park, it was usually in three separate groups. I was usually the one to stay behind with Ryan and Joshua while the others went on rides. Or I stayed behind with Josh while my parents took Ryan and Steve took Jorie. Because of this, many of the pictures while inside Disneyland only include Joshua because I am the main photographer of the group! We spent an entire week in California and visited DL at least 3 1/2 days. We also took one full day to travel to the beach. The kids enjoyed visiting the Lego Store inside Downtown Disney. They had some pretty incredible lego creations! They are pictured next to one of them, Darth Vador. They also had a giraffe made out of legos that reached all the way up to the ceiling!

More to come on our Disney trip later!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't have the perfect trip. Ever hear of Morgan's Wonderland? Sounds like there's something for everyone? There are even swings you can put wheel chairs on. Sounds like they thought of everything. And no, I don't work there, I just think it's a really great concept!!

    http://www.morganswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I went and checked out that link. Very cool place indeed!

    ReplyDelete