Sunday, April 18, 2010

Will my teeth rot out??



Cousin, Elliott was over at our house this evening. I was going through the bedtime routines with Jorie and Joshua and Elliott was watching carefully. I had just finished brushing Joshua's teeth and he then asked for some juice. I told him "No". Elliott then asked, "why can't Joshie have more juice?" I just said without thinking much about it, "well, if I gave him juice to drink right after brushing his teeth at night, it will rot his teeth". Elliott walked away and came up to me a few minutes later. He asked, "Aunt Lora, is it scary to have your teeth rot out?" I explained to him that I just meant that he could get cavities and I was trying to avoid that. Elliott thought about it some more and then asked, "Aunt Lora!" "Can you brush my teeth too?" "I want my teeth brushed right now!" I told him that he could brush his teeth as soon as he got back to Grandma and Grandpa's house. He finally accepted that after several attemtps to get me to brush his teeth too! About 30 minutes after Elliott returned to Grandma and Grandpa's house; I was chatting with my mom on the phone. She said to me that Elliott went right in and brushed his teeth first thing upon getting home. She was a bit puzzled as to why he did that. And then I went on to explain what happened. How funny is that? I guess "rotting teeth" scared him. Maybe that's a good thing though. He is sure to have clean teeth from now on! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment