Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pilot Butte


I just returned from a beautiful morning walk up Pilot Butte with Joshie. As I was starting up the hill, I saw a man with his dog. He was asking me some questions about the butte and which trail would be better to take etc... I ended up passing him on the way up and running into him again as we reached the top. He asked a few more questions and then asked how long I had been walking up the butte. I thought for a moment and said, "I think nearly 12 years?" I thought about it as I pushed Joshie back down or rather Josh's stroller pulled me down!...Could that really be right?? 12 years? Then I realized it has probably been almost that as I started walking it the summer after Ryan was born in 1996. However, I subtract 18 months for Jorie and Joshua's pregnancies and another year or two since I have not been as regular since Joshua was born. Not daily anyway. So, actually I started walking the butte almost 14 years ago! Wow! It's hard to believe I have pushed each one of my kiddos up that hill. Ryan until he was about 5 years old, Jorie until she was probably 4 and now Joshua. I am glad I live so close to such a beautiful area and that I am able to walk this beautiful trail as often as I like. Especially on days like today. It's so beautiful up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment