Sunday, February 7, 2010

All about Jorie



I thought it would be fun to do a post all about Jorie. We can all see her changing from a little girl into a young lady; just over the past 18 months or so. It's really amazing how quickly they change and grow up.

It is amazing how much she really does help me around the house. And if you really stop to think about it, she is the only one that really CAN help me around the house out of all 3 of my children. Joshua is getting there; but he's still pretty young to have very many chores. ;) Jorie will help me fold and put away laundry, help watch her younger brother as well as help Ryan with his needs (picking something up that he has dropped for example)or just bringing in groceries from the car. She also loves to help me bake cookies or prepare a meal. The few times that she happens to be away on a playdate and I am left here with just the boys, I am always amazed at just how much I miss her help!

Her interests are also changing quickly. She is no longer into barbies or polly pockets. And the only real toy I still see her playing with are her stuffed animals or Littlest Petshops. Her interests now center around reading, writing, drawing, coloring and computer games. She also enjoys riding her bike and roller blading when the weather is nice enough!

It has been a brand new experience for me having a child that is so independant. It is something that out of almost 14 years of being a mother, I have never experienced until the past year or so with Jorie. And we are so proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment