![]() |
| Water balloon fun! |
![]() |
| Playing with cousin Elliott |
Towards the end of the school year last year, Josh's preschool teacher approached me and shared with me something Josh had said to her. She was very impressed and even got teary eyed as she told it to me. Josh had this conversation with his teacher, Miss Debbie one day.
"Miss Debbie, are you going to heaven?"
"Yes, Josh, I am going to heaven"
"Is your family going to heaven?"
"Yes, my family is going to heaven."
"I know someone in a wheelchair who's going to heaven....My brother is going to heaven someday"
(I think there might have been more to the conversation....sadly this is all I remember!)
She shared this story with me one day as I was dropping Josh off for class. She said when he was asking her these questions, all the kids had gathered around and it was as if Josh was preaching to the class about heaven. She said it was really cute and that she got teary eyed listening to him. I thought it was so sweet and truly Josh has been listening. We do talk about heaven quite a bit in our home. When you have a child with a terminal illness, it's hard NOT to talk about it. Ryan is not scared about death or dying and neither is Josh! Jorie isn't quite as vocal about it. But, I'm thinking she has a pretty good perspective about it as well.
The other day I was working in the kitchen and Josh said to me...
"Mommy, when I talk to God, He doesn't say anything back" "I say, God?"
I tried not to giggle at this. But, explained to him that God speaks to us through the Bible and to our hearts. He seemed to understand as we talked about it again today. I thought that was so sweet.


No comments:
Post a Comment