Sunday, January 29, 2012

Update for January!

Jorie at the orthodontist
 It has been a long month! So, needless to say I have not been very good at updating my blog! Jorie has 3 dental appointments this month as we try and figure out a plan with her orthodontist and dentist what the plan of action will be for her teeth. She is missing several of her adult teeth. So, we have to keep that in mind when coming up with a plan. We also don't know yet if the root resorption happening to her baby teeth will affect her adult teeth. She has been such a good sport about it so far. But, I realize as she gets older, she will want her teeth to look "normal" and I hope that for her we can figure this out soon; even though much of the work cannot be done until she reaches 18.
 I have been experimenting with Jorie's hair and I think I have finally mastered french braiding! I am not sure why it took me so long?? But, it finally clicked. And she has been wearing her hair like this quite a bit the last few weeks. :)
 We have also been battling lots of illness. Josh has had it the worst. When I snapped this picture, he fell asleep around 4:00 pm and didn't wake up again until morning. This is VERY rare for him. He rarely naps and is just on the go up until the minute before he goes to bed for the night. Thankfully, Ryan did not catch the icky bug that Jorie and Josh both had.
Ryan trying out his new magic mouse and Jorie watching. 
 It has also been a very long month for Ryan. He has struggled with one thing after the other it seems. At the beginning of the month he was in quite a bit of pain with his right hip. The hoyer lift that they use at school has not been working for Ryan. It causes too much pain during transfers. This means that either my mom or myself go in daily to help Ryan get out of his chair and use the restroom. He also has the beginning of what looks like a pressure sore on the back of his head. This could be very serious and if it gets any worse he could have to stay out of his chair until it heals up. I can't imagine Ryan laying in bed for weeks or however long it would take. But, prayers would be much appreciated for both of these matters!
A very excited Josh out to lunch with mommy and daddy! 
Steve took part of the day off last week and we took advantage of having time together with just Joshie. So, we took him out for lunch and to the pet store. He had so much fun! Love this little boy!

2 comments: