


A few weeks ago I had the opportunity (as I posted recently) to visit some old friends. In fact, in just 3 weeks time, I saw all three of my very best friends from the past. But, of the three, I would have to say Kelli is the one I have kept the closest contact with over the years. We were in eachother's weddings AND we both married men with the same first and middle names! Even sharing the same first initial in their last names. :) We both had children fairly close together as well. Her first child is just a few months younger than Jorie is. And over the years, our husbands have become friends as well. And when the four of us get together, we never run out of things to talk about. I will never forget the last picture posted of the two of us. I had just returned from a week long trip to Hawaii; which is why I'm so dark! But, the reason I went on the trip was not what you might think. Aaron had just died and my parents didn't want to leave me home alone for 10 days while they took my younger sister on her graduation trip. So, last minute arrangements were made and I was able to travel to Hawaii with my family. Although it was an extremely sad time in my life. It was a trip I will never forget. This picture of Kelli and I always brings me back to that painful time in my life. But, also a time when I really leaned on my friends to get me through. Without my hope in the Lord, family and friends, I don't know how I would have made it through such a difficult time.
No comments:
Post a Comment