
Kind of a rough week for Ryan this week. He has been home from school on and off all week due to a mild cold. Mild enough not to turn into a dangerous situation for him. But, just bad enough that he wasn't feeling up to going to school until after lunch each day this week. Mornings are usually hard for him with any illness. He has been struggling with pain in his right foot from his broken leg back in July. From having to hold his leg and foot still for so long; it really caused his foot to be EXTRA tender and sensitive. This makes transfers, the removal of clothing and putting on socks/shoes extremely painful for him. As Ryan gets older and the disease progresses; we are seeing him lose more and more abilities. And lately, it seems he has quite a bit of pain as well. Mostly pain during transfers. We have to treat him like a raw egg most of the time so as not to injure him. This morning, I was in the other room and Ryan and Josh were in the den together looking at the computer. Within minutes of my leaving the room, I heard yells coming from Ryan. Apparently, Josh had pulled Ryan's right arm down and away from his body. Not fully understanding just how weak and fragile his older brother is; this really hurt Ryan. He was in tears for about 15 minutes afterwards. For a while there I was afraid we might have another serious injury. From examining his arm and shoulder area, it doesn't look too bad at this point. We are hoping that it will heal quickly! Transfers are already such a scary experience for him and we don't need another injury! In the meantime, I am trying to explain to Joshua just how fragile big brother really is. It doesn't take much to hurt him. We are hoping for an illness and injury free week next week and are looking forward to Thanksgiving and family!
ah, poor Ryan, sounds like a yuck week, I sure hope he has a better day and a great weekend!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds terrible. It sounds like you all deserve a pain free week!!
ReplyDeletehow is Ryan doing? praying he is feeling and doing lots better!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Candice ;) I hope for a better week this week!
ReplyDeleteSheila~Ryan is doing alot better. Was pretty scary, the past few nights. But, he seems to have maybe turned a corner now. I will try to update my blog tonight or tomorrow! Thanks for praying for him!