





We're starting to get into the routine of things around here with kids back in school again. Ryan is enjoying highschool and Jorie loves 2nd grade. She is actually with the same group of kids that were in her 1st grade class last year. Being in a private school, we never know which kids will return. But, it is such a great group of kids and she has known many of them since kindergarten! Jorie's birthday is in October. And many times because of that, alot of her friends cannot attend her party. With so much illness going around by then, and our strict rules to not have any child in our home showing signs of a cold...that will often limit who can come to her birthday. Last year, only one little girl could attend. So, we decided to have her birthday party a whole month early this year! It worked out great! Every girl in her class could attend but ONE. So, complete opposite of last year! ;0) Jorie and I went to the craft store last week and picked out some jewelry boxes, paint and jewels. We made jewelry boxes and it was a huge hit. The girls loved this. Although, about halfway through, I did start asking myself what was I thinking? Brand new carpet and a paint project with 7 energetic little girls?? Jorie's request was icecream cake. So, I made mint chip, oreo cookie icecream cake. I guess my girl will get two birthdays this year. One for friends and one with family on her real birthday. But, at least this way, she can celebrate with her classmates!
No comments:
Post a Comment