Monday, March 16, 2009

Three different kids!


I have often thought about how different raising each one of my kids is. Obviously, with Ryan, almost everything was and is different. I didn't know any other way of raising a child other than a physically disabled one for the first 6 1/2 years of being a mom. Of course, then I had a girl which was also a new experience. But, also a child that was not disabled and could do things that I only dreamed of with Ryan. It was an amazing experience seeing Jorie take her first steps or even crawl for the first time! Wow! Now, I have another boy. But, a boy that is NOT physically disabled. I often feel like I am a "new mom" again with each child! I am beginning the potty training process with Joshua and although he is child #3; I have never really potty trained a boy before. At least not a boy who could actually stand at the potty! It seems so strange to me. It was so long ago with Ryan and we just didn't know what to expect in regards to potty training with him. But, he did learn finally, just differently than most kids. I am thankful for each new experience with each one of my kids. And I am learning to be thankful for each thing they accomplish. :)

1 comment:

  1. That was a nice post. You have had a very unique parenting experience. That's great that you are appreciating the differences and enjoying the uniqueness of each.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete