
Many times throughout the past year or so, people have made the comment that Joshua looks alot like his older brother, Ryan. Not sure if it's just their blonde hair and blue/green eyes or what. But, just knowing that they both look similar is actually a blessing. Of course, we have always tried to imagine what it would be like to see Ryan walk or even stand. In fact, the Elf Yourself dancing scenes that come out each Christmas are so much fun because we can put Ryan's face on another body and see him dance and walk around! Since Joshua and Ryan do share some resemblance, it has been fun to watch him walk and grow stronger physically. Something we never got to see in Ryan. Joshua is such a gift. In more ways than one, he has been a HUGE blessing to our family. We weren't sure about having more kids after Jorie as I was just SO incredibly sick during my pregnancy with her. I don't think I left my bed for at least 6 to 8 weeks or more and again in early 2006, I was in bed for an entire month...only to lose our 3rd baby. It took alot of prayer and long talks, to even decide on having another child. God certainly answered our prayer! I felt SO much better during my pregnancy with Joshua. It was amazing, actually. My pregnancies previous to his were horendous to say the least. And with him, I think I probably felt almost what a "normal" woman feels during pregnancy. Certainly not great. But, not deathly ill either. We are so thankful we took that chance to have one more baby. We can't imagine life without Joshua Aaron!
Hi Lora- Thanks for posting some photos and I love what you wrote about Joshua and Ryan. Are you thinking of having any more children? It's wonderful to see how Joshua is blessing your whole family.
ReplyDeleteJennie
I don't think we will have more children. I think Steve and I both desire having another one. We just don't want me to have to go through another difficult pregnancy w/ three kids to take care of too! We do talk about adoption from time to time. So, I suppose there is always that possibility too. But, I think in the end we will probably stop with these 3!
ReplyDelete