Monday, September 23, 2013

Update!

Its been a LONG time! Actually, I wasn't even sure if anyone still reads my blog. And then my Aunt emailed me saying she missed it! So, I'm going to give an update and hopefully share some pictures. The summer was a wee bit stressful. My kids are all spaced so far apart in age that its hard to find things that they have in common. Also, summers can be really long for Ryan. :(  But, we made it through! Lots of time spent with cousins, swimming lessons, a trip to Silver Creek Falls, sleepovers and lots of time spent outside!

Ryan started his senior year this year and is doing well! We had his senior pictures taken last week and I can't wait to see them and hopefully share them online! He is counting down the days until he is free from school work and plans to take a year off before considering college. He attended his first college football game of the season a couple of weeks ago. Something he looks forward to all year long!

Jorie is in fifth grade this year at the same school she has attended since preschool years. This is her 7th year at this school! We feel so blessed that we have been able to send Jorie and Joshua to a private, christian school. She loves her time there and has made many close friends over the years. Many of them have already moved on to public school. But, Jorie has ONE year left before she makes that adjustment! Hopefully, it goes smoothly! She keeps busy with fall soccer and right after that, volleyball. She is even hoping to give basketball a try this winter!

Joshua started kindergarten this year. This is his 3rd year at this school. He seems to be doing well and I think we made the right decision in holding him back a year. He is making new friends and working hard on his work. Although, his favorite time is still recess! But, what boy his age wouldn't say that? I try hard not to ever take his extreme busy-ness for granted because Ryan couldn't do most of what he is able to do. But, Josh IS VERY BUSY and VERY ACTIVE! I suppose a typical boy with maybe just a tad more energy than a typical boy his age? At least that is how it seems! He stays busy with friends, cousin Elliott, cars, riding his bike, play time with daddy and video games which we try to limit as much as possible!

And Steve and I? We are just BUSY! All the normal parent stuff and work for Steve has been crazy lately! I am praying he can find more time at home now that he has changed things around a bit at work. We were hardly seeing him at all! This is my favorite time of year. I love FALL. Always have. So, I'm enjoying the change in weather. The cooler days and nights. I also enjoy baking and decorating for fall! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment