Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Sweetheart


1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Well that depends on when you start keeping track. We met in 1996, began dating in 1998 and were married in 2001! 


2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
Most people who read my blog probably already know how we met. But, we actually met through Steve's cousin, Aaron. I dated him first and he tragically drowned just weeks before he was going to propose to me. Steve and I became close friends as we were both dealing with the same pain of losing Aaron and eventually fell in love. ;)
Aaron and I


3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
This year we will be celebrating 11 years of marriage!


4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We were married at our church, First Baptist and had our reception at Bend Golf and Country Club. We had probably about 150 guests.


5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Not a whole lot really. "Sweetie" or "sweetheart" would be the main ones. :)

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He is very honest, hard working and SMART!

7. Tell us how he proposed?
We don't have any pictures of the original proposal. So, I snapped this one 10 years later in the exact same spot. :)
We went on a vacation together to visit family and friends in California. While there and visiting a beach, he placed the ring in a seashell and asked me if we could look for seashells together. Of course, I picked up the one with the ring in it (as it was very obvious) LOL and he got down on one knee and proposed. Very romantic!
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals?
Definitely a flowers kind of a guy. He often gets me flowers just because. :) Not so much the other things.

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Lately? Probably more of a movie and relax on the couch kind of a girl. :)


10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Probably travel more.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
We almost never do anything special for V-day. Usually we stay home and I make us a special dinner. 

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Nope. He usually gets me flowers and chocolates. And I usually make him his favorite meal and sometimes get him chocolates too.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Communication!

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you? My sweet family












2 comments:

  1. Very sweet!

    Your blog looks great ... I hadn't clicked over from my reader for such a long time, I hadn't seen all of its cuteness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I try to switch it around every couple of months or so!

    ReplyDelete