Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Ryan update
Just a quick post to ask for your prayers. Not only for Ryan but for all of us. This has been a trying time to say the least. Ryan didn't have much pain in the beginning. As I mentioned below, he complained so little that we didn't even know his leg was broken until Friday afternoon. Although the pain is still fairly minimal; it IS there. And it seems more and more apparent at times when we need to lift him, dress him, position him in his chair etc.. I thought having a child with a physical disability had already taught me MUCH patience. But, I was wrong. I am now learning, through this latest trial, so much MORE patience. Dealing with Ryan's frustrations on top of my own. He is fearful of anyone touching him. But, yet we have to in order to care for him. This morning, it took about 45 minutes of my discussing with him just how to lift and move him to pick him up out of bed as he was so nervous. Of course, I lifted him just fine and he wasn't hurt. But, his fears are still there. Pray he heals quickly and that his pain stays minimal and that he will let us help take care of him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry to hear about Ryan's leg. Poor guy!! I will definitely keep him in my prayers. This must be so hard on your whole family!
ReplyDeleteThanks Candice. It's so encouraging just to hear others are thinking and praying for us!
ReplyDeletepraying that he heals fast and that the pain goes away. that has got to be hard on all of you LOTS of HUGS!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe'll pray for healing. And for patience! You do such a great job caring for Ryan. I'm thinking of you...
ReplyDeleteJulie
Thanks Sheila and Julie! It has been getting better. Today, Steve was even able to shower him by wrapping a garbage bag around his leg. But, showering him is extremely difficult to do and with a broken leg, it's even tougher. I'm thankful I have a strong husband! ;)
ReplyDelete